My HTC One X wont start passed the welcome screen

John Kalunga

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi

My phone was working perfectly till i downloaded an app that requested me to restart my phone, and when i did i got stuck on the HTC ONE screen. I'v tried fast boot, factory reset, clear cache but when i try starting it its still getting suck at the same point.. How do I fix this problem??

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
If your phone is stock, you can always find the ruu file on XDA. If you're rooted you have more options.

Sent from my HTC One using Mobile Nations mobile app

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Hold vol down and power until it goes to h boot use vol up and down select go to fast boot hit power hit recovery and power (important that you have good battery life 75%+) and it should simply restore your ohone

Sent from my HTC One X+ using AC Forums mobile app

kingiddriss

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
hello i would like u to help me out.. i just got this HTC one x but my settings wouldn't open.. i have tried almost everything and i cant seem to find anything online that would help me..if i try to open then it tells me.. "Unfortunately, the process.com.android.settings has stopped".. i dnt know what to do..plz help me..

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
hello i would like u to help me out.. i just got this HTC one x but my settings wouldn't open.. i have tried almost everything and i cant seem to find anything online that would help me..if i try to open then it tells me.. "Unfortunately, the process.com.android.settings has stopped".. i dnt know what to do..plz help me..

Try doing a full reboot. If that doesn't work, maybe try a factory reset.

Sent from my AT&T One X running CodefireX ROM Android Version 4.4.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
i just tried holding down the power button and volume button is not working please me am stuck,frustrated and confused

Welcome to Android Central! This is a pretty old thread -- do you also have a One X, and is it also stuck on the boot screen?