My j500fn freezes whenever i plug my earphones in

Aaron Derit

Jan 29, 2017
Visit site
So ive just bought this Jbl earphones at the market and used it for about 2 weeks now without any problems. But today i encountered a problem where everytime i plug my earphones in my phone it will just instantly freeze and then reboot after about 3 seconds. I searched this up and tried to find how to fix it. First i tried wiping all cache, factory resseting my phone, going into safe mode and try to find if there is 3rd party app that is causing the problem. None of this methods worked. I also know that the problem is not on the earphones that i bought because i tried it in my laptop, and my moms phone and its perfectly working. Any suggestion that might help?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Do other headphones do the same thing when plugged into the phone?

Aaron Derit

Jan 29, 2017
Visit site
Yes, it did the same thing when i tried to plug my gaming headset in my phone. I also tried it with earphones from apple and samsung. Same thing happens.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
My guess is that there's something wrong with the headphone jack. Since it still happens in Safe Mode, it's more likely that it's a hardware problem. Is the phone under warranty, or did you buy it used?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If you bought it brand new, it should be under warranty, assuming the model's warranty is valid in your country. You could contact Samsung about warranty repair.

First, though, try bringing it back to the store where you bought it, show them the problem, and see if they will replace it right there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DocBones69