My LG G5 battery percentage is going down while charging

Berserk77

Jan 10, 2018
Visit site
Hello,

My LG G5 battery is not charging properly while plugged in and using the phone at the same time. The connected icon is displayed but the battery percentage keeps going down.

I use LG original usb cable and 2.4A charger. So i guess my charger and cable shouldn't be the issues.

This is not normal for Android phones although it is recommended to leave the phone untouched while charging.

Do you know any battery application to at least make the battery percentage not going down? I currently use greenify to maximise the number of background apps to be hibernated (non rooted).

Thanks.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It's still worth trying a different charging cable and plug. If something is wrong with the one you're using, the phone might be charging as if it were plugged into a computer USB port (which charges very slowly), instead of recognizing that it's plugged into an AC wall outlet. If you plug a device into a computer USB port, the rate of charge can often be outpaced by the rate of battery usage, if you're actively using the phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci