My look out security

Flavy

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Yes, its not in the market though. I copied the apk from my phone to the xoom and installed without any issues; so far ;)

zmenchhofer

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
yea its not supported... i sent an email to support... i just want to be able to track my xoom if its lost... i have very very sensitive company email/docs on it

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Just got an email response from Lookout: "Hi Matthew,

The reason why you're having trouble finding Lookout in the market on the Xoom is due to the fact that the Xoom doesn't support SMS messages. We rely on SMS messages to initiate a connection to a device in the event it's lost, stolen, etc. Without the ability to receive SMS messages the missing device features would be greatly hindered, HOWEVER, device based backups and malware protection would work normally.

If you decide you still want to download Lookout to your Xoom you can head on over to getjar.com and install it through there. You just need to perform a search once you get there.

Thanks for using Lookout!"

Makes sense.

zmenchhofer

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Stang68

I have also just got a response from Lookout.....

Brian Noble, Feb-25 10:44 am (PST):

Hi Zachary,

Thanks for the offer but the Xoom product will not be in beta. It's coming out as a full-on release since from our perspective Honeycomb isn't much different.

Thanks for using Lookout!

I asked if they needed beta testers!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nasrulawal026