My memory card sometimes says it's damaged

mobilemoll

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
I don't remember taking my memory card without unmounting it, but now when I turn my Tab 2 on, half the time I'm told I need to format the card. Anyone ever experience this?

Sent from my SGH-T779 using Tapatalk 4

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I don't remember taking my memory card without unmounting it, but now when I turn my Tab 2 on, half the time I'm told I need to format the card. Anyone ever experience this?

Welcome to the forums!
I would unmount the card, put it in your PC and right click on it and scan for errors. The PC might see it and fix them. However, this may cause the card to be reformatted, so back up your stuff first.

mobilemoll

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
It worked. I was afraid the card was worthless as the process took hours but it formatted on the computer and shows up in my tablet. Thanks again and now at least I (and others) know what to do if this happens again

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
It worked. I was afraid the card was worthless as the process took hours but it formatted on the computer and shows up in my tablet. Thanks again and now at least I (and others) know what to do if this happens again

No sweat. Glad it helped. SD cards do have a short lifespan. Be prepared to replace it if things go wrong.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfrostpierce