My note 4 switched from my pattern unlock to asking for a pin # on it's on

Jerry Bradfield

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
I have a note 4 that I have always used a pattern to unlock, but one day it asked for my pin #. Which I do not even remember setting a pin.
But after several attempts it prompted me to unlock with my Google account.
At the time I couldn't remember my Google password because my Google account was set to automatically log in.
But I did get home and got my Google password. But I can't get my note 4 to get back to asking for my Google info.
It now just says enter pin again.
And no matter what it just keeps asking for my pin #.
If I could get it back to asking for my Google info, I could unlock my phone.
Any suggestions would be awesome.
Thanks in advance, JBird

Close

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Maybe you could use Android Device Manager on your PC to unlock it.

Anyway, you set a password before, because you can't set a pattern lock without creating a backup passcode for it. Maybe you just forgot.

Jerry Bradfield

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Thank you I am going to try that.
Do I have to download Android Device Manager onto my computer or will this come up when I connect my note 4 to it
via the USB cable ?

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Thank you I am going to try that.
Do I have to download Android Device Manager onto my computer or will this come up when I connect my note 4 to it
via the USB cable ?
Can't remember if the Note 4 had it built it. More recent phones have it. You may also want to use Samsung Find my Mobile to reset your password first. I knoe it was built in to the Note 2 and later. But I think you have to have your phone signed into a Samsung account for that and have that service active.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfrostpierce