GPS sucks
Battery life sucks
Web - slow but acceptable
camera - great
customize ringtone/alert - sucks
stereo sound - sucks
screen resolution - great
apps - tons

I think I'll swap for the GS2 or iPhone 5.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure this thread is really a positive contribution to the forums.

I completely disagree with five of your "sucks" points. Care to elaborate for us?

Garen21

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
What are you comparing those things too? I have great battery life, and the stereo is good too. Only thing on your list I would actually agree with is the WifI.

nicoled985

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Wifi sucks
GPS sucks
Battery life sucks
camera - great
stereo sound - sucks
apps - tons

You have a defective phone or somethin lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

lavman72

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
I've had the phone since the weekend it came out. My comments:

Wifi sucks - agreed. At least not as good as other phones, most notably Iphone
GPS sucks - disagree. No problems here.
Battery life sucks - disagree. Android phones are battery hogs, but this one is ok.
Web - slow but acceptable - disagree. I'm in a "4G" area, and response time is very good.
camera - great - agreed.
customize ringtone/alert - sucks - disagree. Use one of the many android apps. That's the beauty.
stereo sound - sucks - who needs stereo sound from a phone?
screen resolution - great - obviosly agree.
apps - tons

digitalexplr

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Wifi sucks
GPS sucks
Battery life sucks
camera - great
stereo sound - sucks
apps - tons

Please do swap the phone. Others have not experienced your issues.

BTW you may just have a bad phone. It happens.

Sent from my Samsung Infuse via Tapatalk

msnyder

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Wifi sucks
GPS sucks
Battery life sucks
camera - great
stereo sound - sucks
apps - tons

Mine sucks so bad I will never get anything but android and this is my first after every iphone model. I have an upgrade and planned to get a SGS2 but no need. I'll wait cuz this phone is perfect. I am running Infused 2.1 if that helps you but it was great before.

sqa4life

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
I am comparing to BB bold 9700:

Wifi sucks - I used to get 2 bars on my bb if my bb is on the 2nd level of the house; no wifi on the Infuse at the same location
GPS sucks - Infuse constantly drop or can't get GPS signal. I tested by going the same route using both phones at the same time. BB won.
Battery life sucks - took 7 hours to fully charged the Infuse and drained more than 50% after stand-by for 6 hours with the screen locked. Replaced with a new battery, no luck. Same issue.
customize ringtone/alert - sucks - I can setup profile to customize ringtone/sms/email alerts anyway I want with BB. I can filter by subject/sender or strings in the body and assign special tones to it. Can't do in the Infuse.
stereo sound - sucks - BB sounds great with my Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10 Noise Isolating Earphone. Much better bass and clarity than the Infuse
apps - tons

Again, I might got a bad unit. I'll try out the GS2 before making my decision to exchange for another Infuse or just go with the GS2.

JakeRoux

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
As to the sound quality - I too am somewhat of an "audio afficiando" with my devices (also owning a Zune HD, iPod Touch and Cowon D3 as music players, as well as the UE TripleFi 10s) and I would tend to agree that the stock unit is lacking in terms of music playback quality.

If you have the inclination and technical know-how to "root" your device and install the Voodoo Sound app, you will find that it does improve the sound quality. Not quite to Cowon D3 standards, but certainly on par with the Zune HD and iPod Touch 4th Gen, IMHO.

However, keep in mind that if you are considering the GS2, forum chatter indicates that it will have a different (i.e. lower quality) audio chip and as a result the Voodoo Sound developer does not plan to release a Voodoo Sound app compatible with the GS2.

Last edited:

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site

Wifi sucks - I used to get 2 bars on my bb if my bb is on the 2nd level of the house; no wifi on the Infuse at the same location
GPS sucks - Infuse constantly drop or can't get GPS signal. I tested by going the same route using both phones at the same time. BB won.
Battery life sucks - took 7 hours to fully charged the Infuse and drained more than 50% after stand-by for 6 hours with the screen locked. Replaced with a new battery, no luck. Same issue.
customize ringtone/alert - sucks - I can setup profile to customize ringtone/sms/email alerts anyway I want with BB. I can filter by subject/sender or strings in the body and assign special tones to it. Can't do in the Infuse.
stereo sound - sucks - BB sounds great with my Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10 Noise Isolating Earphone. Much better bass and clarity than the Infuse
apps - tons

Again, I might got a bad unit. I'll try out the GS2 before making my decision to exchange for another Infuse or just go with the GS2.

It almost seems like you singled out the few things that blackberry does well.

They are known for signal reception, so no surprise that it's better. GPS I have zero problems (might be a bad unit).

Sound quality with voodoo is pretty good. I would agree with the person above ad far as that goes.

And yes blackberry notifications and ringtones can be configured in an almost infinite number of variations.

The question is really are those the most important things to you or is it the things that android does better?

Edit: battery life is way better than I thought it would be considering the massive screen on this thing. Not really fair to compare to blackberry imho.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

sphinx23

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site

apps - tons

I see where you're coming from but I still would choose my infuse over the Bold or Torch,sure you may have to look around in the app market to customize the phone to your liking.Your phone wouldn't be considered as a bad unit cause I've noticed a few things similar as what you're experiencing such as the wi-fi not having a strong signal and the GPS sometimes laggy threw google maps but not while using the navigation app,which picked up my location in seconds.I've tested this phone in an 4G environment and as low as 2G,and still this phone performs good.You should try JuiceDefender,which helps me squeeze more battery life out of the phone.I bought the extra addition to it which is UltimateJuiceDefender as well as JuicePlotter.My phone will take about 5 hours to fully charge,while sometimes I'll reply to some emails quickly or txts as it's charging.Once it's charged It'll last about 13-15 hours which I'll do aggressive data usage such as web browsing,using the Pandora app,downloading more apps and etc.

Last edited by a moderator: