My phone overheated and wont work. Have I killed my phone?

A

AC Question

My phone overheated and wont work.

I left my htc one m8 on charge, and because its warm my dog cuddled up to it, but when I woke up, the phone was red hot, didn't have the charge light on and wouldn't turn on, my laptop also doesn't recognise it as plugged in, have I killed my phone?
 

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
19,480
3
0
Visit site
Overheating can seriously damage the internals of your phone. I would take it for a diagnose to a repairer as soon as possible and avoid charging it again.
 
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
943,944
Messages
6,920,732
Members
3,159,316
Latest member
rjogi3777