My phone screen is black after overheating

imdumhaysss

Sep 24, 2022
Visit site
My phone overheated after walking with my friends, my screen is black well not black at first, you can see on my phone that you can see something but very very dim but now it's currently black, i can receive phone calls and notifs, and i know my phone is charging due to the vibration or sound it makes after charging it successfully before, and now. and i wonder if there was a reason for or if it can fix itself on its own

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
It could be as simple as the phone setting it's brightness to zero when it overheated and didn't set it back... If you can see well enough to change the brightness or ask Google Assistant to set the brightness to 20% and see if it works.

It would also help to know what phone you have, not all screens are the same... If it's an OLED what I said above is almost certainly the case. If it's an LCD it could be something more serious.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I made you the owner of the original guest post to make it easier for you to find.

That phone has an LCD display, so it's possible the backlight has failed. Is it still under warranty?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol