my phone screen is black

K

kingmking

I dropped my Samsung galaxy s5 and when is picked it up the screen was black. I can feel it vibrate and the led notification still works. I can receive calls and texts but the phone screen doesn't turn on. Please help.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Since you dropped it, it's definitely going to have to be replaced. The fall most likely damaged one of the internal components that lights up the display. Do you have insurance with your carrier or a third party?

daking3

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Im not sure if I have insurance or not. How much would it be to replace it? Or could I go to a cell phone repair store and get something fixed? If so how much would that cost?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Im not sure if I have insurance or not. How much would it be to replace it? Or could I go to a cell phone repair store and get something fixed? If so how much would that cost?

With insurance, there is usually a deductible. Depends on the carrier, but it's between $75-100 on most. You'd be paying a monthly fee for the insurance, so if you did have it you'd probably know.
Taking it into to a phone repair shop would probably be a bit more since you weren't paying them for insurance previously.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae