My S10 doesnt have a Network Mode Option

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

So I've been trying to shut off my 5G. I looked it up and it gives step by step instructions problem is step 3-4 I have the Connection Option, click, I have the Networks option, click, then there is the Network Mode...well that particular option is missing on my phone. Samsung and ATT were no help on that matter, they just repeated the steps I found online. Where did my Network Mode Options go?

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
So I've been trying to shut off my 5G. I looked it up and it gives step by step instructions problem is step 3-4 I have the Connection Option, click, I have the Networks option, click, then there is the Network Mode...well that particular option is missing on my phone. Samsung and ATT were no help on that matter, they just repeated the steps I found online. Where did my Network Mode Options go?

AT&T locks out access to that option in Settings for all of their phones. AT&T lets the phone connect to whatever network type you have available in your area. And really, why turn 5G off anyway since it may be likely there isn't a good LTE signal to connect to. Especially since there's almost no 3G signals left to fall back on. Alternatively, if there isn't a good 5G signal, then there should be a good LTE signal to fall back on.

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Oh, there is an app in Google Play called "Samsung Band Selection" , that will unhide that section of the Mobile Network settings, so you can make those changes.

Just temper your expectations of what you think it'll help you with.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084