My S9+ screen is brighter and whiter then my s10+ no matter how i adjust the settings?

Chitown28

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
I was hoping my s10+ screen would look better then my s9+ but honestly i think Samsung should have kept adaptive display in the screen mode settings cause even on vivid mode with the white balance R and G set all the way down on my s10+ my s9+ screen still looks brighter and whiter which is kinda a bummer considering this screen is suppose to be better and the phone costed more money too. What do u guys think about this? put your s9+ and s10+ on full brightness and put them next to each other and you will see what i mean.

Mattsg430

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
blue light is scaled back a lot for the s10 as opposed to prior models, hence the less "white" look. however, it's a more color accurate display comparatively, and the best available as you'll see from any review.

sergysn

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Yes, you are right, i just noticed the difference when comparing side by side.
blue light is scaled back a lot for the s10 as opposed to prior models, hence the less "white" look. however, it's a more color accurate display comparatively, and the best available as you'll see from any review.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Well I don't have my s8 anymore, and I've never owned a note 9. But the s10 screen is very bright even at 50%, I can't imagine anyone having a problem with the s10 screen brightness.

DamianP

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
my s10+ is def skewed warm no matter how I configure it compared to my note 9 and LG v40 which runs way cooler.

Last edited:

dohlo

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
The screen on my 10+ seems much, much brighter and better than my S9 ever did IMO. I noticed this yesterday more than I have other days. Love how the adaptive display changes brightness so quickly when moving between shade and sun and how bright and easy to read the display is in direct sunlight

radiospotz

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
I finally decided to upgrade from my Note Edge which is 6 versions ago, and I noticed the brightness is about the same. I'm very disappointed because I thought it was going to be like my Samsung tab S3 screen. Which is about three versions ago. I'm very disappointed and I don't understand why the reviews from anyone did not mention this.

dfsfsdf

Jan 4, 2021
Visit site
yes i noticed the same thing i compared it with my old s8+, s8+ much better screen and vivid color, i think they solved the problem in s20 , but why s10 :( :( :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781