my wish list for my eris

patches152

Jan 21, 2010
www.berryaddicted.com
obviously, aside from the other listed 2.1 upgrades/improvements....

mine is:

1) better native attachment support for gmail. sending audio files, gifs, anything besides a jpg or some kind of document, it's horrible.

2) gif support for browser. lots of sites i go to (forums and image boards) post gifs, but they don't show animated.

3) better organization for sd card directories. i don't like how the 3rd party apps for backgrounds can't save to a standard media folder. it creates their own, and then you have 90 folders in your album view. takes forever to render thumbnails also.

4) alternative "themes" for the non-gmail inbox. maybe offer threaded convo style, or show sent messages in the main folder

5) a fully functioning facebook app that has alerts for all events facebook is capable of supporting.

what do you guys want for your eris?

mitchell.23

Dec 7, 2009
Visit site
Im with you on the gif support for the browser and better folder organization.
I'd also like to see a better way of interacting with music also. The music apps just seem like file browsers to me. Plus a better way to switch between running apps would be nice too.

mitchell.23

Dec 7, 2009
Visit site
I've found myself using pandora a lot more as well. Just easier than the playlist setup in music apps plus they do a pretty good job with music discovery. I even did the paid version since I've been using out so much cuz I hit the 40 hour wall.

I agree with your facebook point as well. Lets see full functionality.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
a decent (as in iphone quality) facebook app is way up there on my list.

a native file browser (which is what i think is keeping the phone from having proper attachment support)

a nicer music app (although the one for sense is far better than the stock app)

APPS ON THE SD CARD.

ms960

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
How about better signal strength? I realize this may be more hardware related, but the signal on my wife's Eris just plain stinks.

mdecker

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
@ms960 - you should look into going to your Verizon store and asking for the Hybrid PRL. This will allow your Eris to detect both Alltel and Verizon towers. I had horrible service (at most 1 bar), then I went to my Verizon store and had them put my number on a list to have the PRL sent to my phone. I have never had less then 3 bars since and 99% of the time it is full 3G coverage with 4 bars. It also helps with battery life.