MyMail icon and search box suddenly appeared on home screen

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

My father-in-law has a Samsung Galaxy s10 running the latest version of Android. He tells me he just had a MyMail icon and search box appear on his home screen that were not there before. They are right below his regular icons. MyMail is a big blue rectangle (much bigger than the regular icons) with a white envelope centered above the words and the search box is a long rectangle (screen width) with rounded corners just below it and above the bottom taskbar icons.

I can't figure out how to remove them for him. He's going a bit crazy about it so any advice would be appreciated. :)

Thanks!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! He's certain he never installed myMail on his own? It's possible he might have been duped into installing it through an ad from a different app. Certain carriers also have annoying app installers that offer to install select apps (likely because they made some sort of deal to promote them). Which carrier does he use?

First, go to Settings>Apps. Does myMail show up there? If so, can you uninstall it there?

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html