Mystery Pictures, videos?

froggerhopper

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
Just trying to clear some space since Gameloft is starting to add compatibility to the tf300. Looking in internal storage i notice that Pictures,videos says it has 97.09MB. I click on it and it sends me to Gallery which has nothing in it. What is taking up this storage? It doesn't seem to be just a tf300 problem because i see other tablet owners complain with no answer.

EndlessDissent

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Did you delete the sample pictures in /sdcard/Pictures? There were a bunch of them on my tablet. Not sure if it was 97MB worth, but there were a bunch. Also, the tablet comes with some sample music in /sdcard/Music. Not sure why the pics wouldn't show up in Gallery, though.

froggerhopper

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
THANK YOU. It may have not been the answer for my situation but you got me looking around in that area. I deleted those sample pics when i first got my tablet so those folders were empty. For anyone with the same situation, it is actually a few folders up in /sdcard/DCIM/.thumbnails/
My tablet tends to create .jpg images for my videos on my ACTUAL microsd card and save them on internal storage. The images don't take much room but .thumbdata3 seems to take 89.03MB of that 97.04MB. Now the new question is what IS this file and should I keep it?

Last edited:

EndlessDissent

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I'd say not to bother unless the file starts to get really big, because the file and data will probably just get recreated anyway, in which case, whichever app created it will just run more slowly next time you launch it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tony3342