N4 slowed down, battery life worse

DarthPaul

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
Hello All,

I have had a N4 since last year, and it has been great. But, last week, just before the 4.3 update something happened on my phone. Battery life went down the toilet. right now, from a full charge i am down to 73%, with 25 minutes of screen time. I was hoping that the 4.3 update would fix it, but it did not.

Also, the phone seems slower. In 3DMark, i was getting between 12000 and 12500, but now i am getting 9000 to 9300.

When i upgraded to 4.3, i did a factory reset.

Please let me know if there is anything i can check or wipe, or smash.

Darth Paul

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Hello All,

I have had a N4 since last year, and it has been great. But, last week, just before the 4.3 update something happened on my phone. Battery life went down the toilet. right now, from a full charge i am down to 73%, with 25 minutes of screen time. I was hoping that the 4.3 update would fix it, but it did not.

Also, the phone seems slower. In 3DMark, i was getting between 12000 and 12500, but now i am getting 9000 to 9300.

When i upgraded to 4.3, i did a factory reset.

Please let me know if there is anything i can check or wipe, or smash.

Darth Paul

Did it happen after you installed a particular app, and if so, did you also install that app after you did a factory reset? What's your standby battery life like, and what are you doing on your phone?

DarthPaul

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
I did install "Scientific 7 Minute workout" but i did not put it back on after the upgrade. 7 minutes is just too long.

I use my phone for a couple calls a day, facebook and emails. and the occasional Rayman.

Is there an app that lets me know what the GPU is running at? Maybe i have a hardware problem.

I resolved the battery problem, for some reason the Location services were using a lot of CPU cycles, so i disabled and re-enabled that now i have OK battery life.

Thanks

Darth Paul

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RAB