Native Browser and Email displays a dimmer screen

alinvain

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Lately I'm noticing that as I use the native browser or the native email app, the screen dims to about 50% brightness. When I exit either app, the screen comes back to full brightness just before the app closes. Any clues as to what might be causing this?

T Android

Banned
Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Lately I'm noticing that as I use the native browser or the native email app, the screen dims to about 50% brightness. When I exit either app, the screen comes back to full brightness just before the app closes. Any clues as to what might be causing this?

The browser has different brightness settings than the rest of the phone. Don't know about the screen going to full brightness when closing the apps though. It may be some sort of bug with the firmware. If it annoys you a lot, you can try a factory reset and see if it works. That is a last-resort though.

alinvain

May 5, 2011
Visit site
The browser has different brightness settings than the rest of the phone. Don't know about the screen going to full brightness when closing the apps though. It may be some sort of bug with the firmware. If it annoys you a lot, you can try a factory reset and see if it works. That is a last-resort though.

I checked the browser's brightness setting and it is at 100%. Changing to Automatic Brightness results in an even darker screen. The email app has a settings screen for particular accounts. When that screen appears, it comes in at full brightness. Backing out of that, back to the email app, the screen darkens again until I exit, then at the last fraction of a second, brightens back up.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onelink_daw