Native Camera app failed, but third party camera apps are working...

jahn215

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
Hi,
I have S21 Plus and while using the native camera, it suddenly error "Camera Failed". What mystified me is it works when using 3rd party camera apps, but does not work using native camera app. It also works when doing the secret hardware diagnostic mode where you can test the cameras. Yes both front and rear cameras work perfectly. I've already tried factory reset and software update, but no avail. Safe mode also does not work. The native camera app still does not work while 3rd party camera apps work.

Additional info:
The rear camera is a replacement camera I bought online because the original camera had water damage. I was still able to use the replacement camera for several months until this problem came about.

Would appreciate your help.

Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! This probably won't help since you already did a factory reset, but try clearing the app cache/data from the Camera app in Settings>Apps, Force Stop it, then open it again.

jahn215

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
Welcome to AC!

Who did the repair on the camera? Sounds like something wasn't put together correctly
Thanks. The replacement worked for several months before this problem. Also, the camera still works when on diagnostic mode, could it really be a hardware problem?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Did you install the other camera apps after the stock app failed? In other words, has there ever been a time when the stock app was the only camera app on the phone, but not working?

jahn215

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
Did you install the other camera apps after the stock app failed? In other words, has there ever been a time when the stock app was the only camera app on the phone, but not working?
Yes, right after I factory reset it, I tested the native camera app right away and the same error. Then I updated to latest Android version, still no other apps installed, tested the camera app and the same error. Then I installed the 3rd party app and it's working perfectly

Reactions: belodion

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thanks. The replacement worked for several months before this problem. Also, the camera still works when on diagnostic mode, could it really be a hardware problem?
I wouldn't rule it out especially something could of worked itself loose, you did the repair?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TSFDeymos