Navigation Buttons - Planned obsolescence [emoji34]

waqqas31

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
Of all the great things that the S23 Ultra gave over its predecessor, one thing that just didn't worked like it should was the Recents button on the Navigation bar when using Nova Launcher.

I thought, no worries, I can switch to the stock launcher. Well, that lasted about 5 minutes. I couldn't justify giving up a dozen benefits to gain one back.

To my surprise, Samsung gesture navigation did not present any unpredictable behavior with the Recents "swipe", so I will persevere with Samsung's 3 gesture system for now. I know I will miss having one-tap access to my notification shade as well as my web browser. I'm hoping that maybe this is a bug that the big April update will address

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
How is it not working? I'm using Nova, and the recent button is working the way I expect it to.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Of all the great things that the S23 Ultra gave over its predecessor, one thing that just didn't worked like it should was the Recents button on the Navigation bar when using Nova Launcher.

I thought, no worries, I can switch to the stock launcher. Well, that lasted about 5 minutes. I couldn't justify giving up a dozen benefits to gain one back.

To my surprise, Samsung gesture navigation did not present any unpredictable behavior with the Recents "swipe", so I will persevere with Samsung's 3 gesture system for now. I know I will miss having one-tap access to my notification shade as well as my web browser. I'm hoping that maybe this is a bug that the big April update will address
I'm surprised the Samsung gestures giving issues , usually it was the Google 3 gesture that did . Try restarting Nova , you on the beta?

waqqas31

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
How is it not working? I'm using Nova, and the recent button is working the way I expect it to.
I press the Recents button and nothing happens. I have to go to my home screen and then tap Recents and it will work, but pretty soon it will start doing the same thing again.

waqqas31

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
I'm surprised the Samsung gestures giving issues , usually it was the Google 3 gesture that did . Try restarting Nova , you on the beta?
The Samsung gestures are working just fine. It's the Samsung Nav Buttons (specifically the Recents button) that is giving me issues.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781