NC hangs on startup with Honeycomb on SD card

Tom S.

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm trying to run Honeycomb off of the SD card. I follow the instructions in the sticky, and create the SD card image. When I insert the card and try to boot up, the screen just sits at "_android" page.

I have Froyo on SD working fine, so I know it is not a procedure type thing. They are 2 different classes though, the Honeycomb is a 4, while the Froyo is a 10. The manufacturers are also different.

editdroid9

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Same here

I'm having the same problem, though I have gotten it to work several times as well. Currently running 1.0.1 auto nootered. I had it working fromt 1.1.0 auto nootered as well.

slade#AC

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Try a different microSD card. I had the same problem with a generic FileMate 8GB class 4 microSD; it just hung on the android_ screen. Then I tried running Honeycomb on a Kingston 4GB class 2 microSD. It worked but it was pretty slow. Finally, I bought a 8GB Patriot class 10 microSD and it works perfectly now.

Lou Nook

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm trying to run Honeycomb off of the SD card. I follow the instructions in the sticky, and create the SD card image. When I insert the card and try to boot up, the screen just sits at "_android" page.

I have Froyo on SD working fine, so I know it is not a procedure type thing. They are 2 different classes though, the Honeycomb is a 4, while the Froyo is a 10. The manufacturers are also different.
I have discovered that pushing the Home button on the bottom of the Nook Color twice will start Honeycomb.

Reactions: muaetsy

richajf

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same issue with mine installed to internal memory... any ideas? (I'm thinking maybe my NC doesn't like the overclock, seeing as to how I installed from zip)

kkatrina7

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
yeah, nothing seems to work. got a couple different cards and one of them doesn't even show while the other just sits at android loading

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goodweather2024