Need a recommended CCTV motion capture app

enginestar

Apr 22, 2018
Visit site
I want a CCTV motion capture app.
I've tried a few. None really work as I want.
The main thing I need is for footage to be uploaded or emailed as soon as there is some detection.

There are some apps that have good reviews - but the last review is from 4 years ago!! (I'm guessing doesn't work with latest Android.)

Just looking for recommendations.

Thanks.

Allen Englund

Jul 14, 2022
Visit site
Do you, like, really need the Android app to be doing the detection, or are you open to options like cloud service or PC software?

Let's be honest, if we're talking about smartphones, Android is not ideal platform for constantly running surveillance. It sounds unstable with all the overheating from constant camera usage, and battery draining... That's why most Android video surveillance apps are in fact a viewing/controlling client app, as an appendix to a VMS unit or desktop software. I guess you can have an Android micro computer on the other hand --but nevertheless most people don't so companies don't do such apps...

And in ' footage to be uploaded ' - uploaded to where? That could be important.

I know of Xeoma video surveillance app that has not just the client but also a client+server version for Android. But it feels like it's built for developers, not for regular people hence mass confusion with the app's logic and the low rating.
Xeoma app does have the a) motion detection, b) email notifications, c) push notifications, and d) upload to ftp if that's what you meant. I guess the Email thing can be set up to send alerts upon detection.
But again, it looks like you need some technological background to operate it.