Need Advice: Finally giving up my Palm Pre

CurlyD4567

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
I feel like a violinist on the Titanic hanging on to my Palm Pre. After 2 Handsprings and 3 Palm devices (Loved my Treo), it's time to make the switch to a new smartphone. But, I'd like to make my transition an easy one. Android with the Ice Cream Sandwich seems to be the best match to WebOS--do you agree?

I am a current Verizon customer and use my smartphone mainly for email, IM, Web, tasks, calendar, address book, etc. I am a PC user, dependent on Outlook, so synchronization is important to me. If I liked the camera better on the Palm Pre, I'd probably use it more (wish it had the ability to zoom). I often use the mobile hotspot. Maps are important and, of course, social networking and sometimes simple games.

Based on my research, I was thinking about the Samsung Galaxy Nexus. The new Galaxy S3 is intriguing, but who knows if/when Verizon will offer it. I like what I see with the HTC 1, but again Verizon does not offer. I want to stay with Verizon based on coverage in my area.

Oh, what to do, what to do. Which is the best new droid phone for a long-time Palm user? :-\ Thank you for any advice!

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I switched from a Palm Pre to a Android smartphone about one year ago, and I haven't looked back. I went to a Samsung Nexus S 4G and I now have an HTC EVO LTE 4G Android phone. The Ice Cream Sandwich Android OS is great, and you can do a lot of customization with your Android phone once you root it. With my Nexus S 4G, I installed a custom ROM which ran much smoother than the stock Gingerbread OS at that time. My HTC is great, and I much prefer using an Android phone over an iPhone or Windows Phone 7 device.

I suggest you check out the Galaxy S3 when it becomes available at the Verizon store. From what I've heard, it is suppose to be a nice smartphone. The only thing that really bugged me about the Samsung Nexus was the weak radio and GPS receiver. That's why I opted to go with an HTC phone, and the performance is great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MusicChris63