need advice. issues with Samsung shop and vzw

bigpapa7272

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Ok so here's the situation. Pre-ordered a note 9 back in August. Before release date direct from Samsung with trade in of my note 8 and did the Verizon bill payment agreement. I received the phone and it's been working great. Monthly payment amounts never started appearing on my bill but I figured it would catch up at some point. Today I get a voicemail from Samsung shop with a case number. I called back and the Samsung rep tells me that they had bunch of verizon customers who bought via the Samsung shop and Verizon denied their payment agreements and now payment agreements on this note 9 I have been using are no longer able to be used.

I either have to pay my remaining balance in full immediately or I can return the phone to Samsung (return shipping paid by Samsung) and they will not charge me a penny and refund the tax paid and the amount they gave me on trade to the credit card I paid with, but I have to decide what option I want pick by Thursday or my card will be charged in full for the balancen on the payment agreement that Verizon denied.

So I shopped around online a little tonight,. Didn't see any great deals so decided to talk to VZW via chat and explained the situation. Including the fact that my bill has always been paid on time and every payment agreement I've had has been paid in full so I don't understand the denial of the payment agreement that was initiated by Samsung shop.
I got passed around to 3 different departments on chat with VZW and all reps were conveniently named "Chris". All reps were no help and acted like they couldn't care nor did they want to help getting me into a phone comparable to what I have. They kept trying to push me to Motorola z3 which seems subpar to a note 9 and after the 3rd transfer told me to call the 800 number.

Samsung has really left a bad taste in my mouth as a result of all of this and it seems like Verizon could notbe bothered to help me a loyal customer unless I add another line I don't need or open a new account when I have already have one.

Any one have any suggestions??

TMavC5

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Do you still have a balance on your Note 8? If you try to trade Note 8 with a balance Verizon will reject them because it is not your device until it is fully paid.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Technically Samsung has given you two solutions to a problem Verizon created while Verizon isn't giving you one. It's a bad situation, but Samsung can't let you keep the phone unless you pay for it because apparently Verizon isn't paying them.

bigpapa7272

May 27, 2010
Visit site
well just talk to Verizon Verizon call Samsung and Samsung said that they had no record of anything under that reference number Verizon is trying to tell me it's a scam. but when I open the shop Samsung app the number at the bottom of the order history page matches the number that they left on the voicemail last night. I told the gentleman on the phone at Verizon I said I'm going to pickle I don't know what to do and his response was I'll file a ticket and we'll wait three days to see what happens and I explained to him I can't wait three days because if I wait three days it's going to hit my account. I'm just so frustrated with this based on what I see in the app for shop Samsung the number is legit because it's listed in their app but yet Verizon is trying to tell me it's a scam. at this point I don't know what to do Verizon basically offered no solution and wants to sit and wait on it when we don't have time to wait on it.

bigpapa7272

May 27, 2010
Visit site
yes I've had several payment agreements and they have all been paid in full. yes I can buy a new device on payments. I think I'm gonna bite the bullet and get a new phone and just suck it up. not happy about the whole situation

bigpapa7272

May 27, 2010
Visit site
according to Samsung shop it's a whole bunch of people affected it's a crap situation,. if I didn't live in the boonies where only VZW works and I would switch to another carrier

bigpapa7272

May 27, 2010
Visit site
update:talked to Samsung again tonight they tell me the that they won't refund the 400 back to my credit card. they tell me I'll only get it back as promotional code to Samsung shop and I told them that was unacceptable based on this experience with Samsung shop and it will be my last experience with samsung shop and if I return the phone nothing less than a refund of the trade to my credit card for this inconvenience is acceptable. so I'm still in limbo, either way they have me by balls. I think I'm gonna suck it up pay it off and trade this sucker for cahs and get an iPhone

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
update:talked to Samsung again tonight they tell me the that they won't refund the 400 back to my credit card. they tell me I'll only get it back as promotional code to Samsung shop and I told them that was unacceptable based on this experience with Samsung shop and it will be my last experience with samsung shop and if I return the phone nothing less than a refund of the trade to my credit card for this inconvenience is acceptable. so I'm still in limbo, either way they have me by balls. I think I'm gonna suck it up pay it off and trade this sucker for cahs and get an iPhone

I'm sorry about your situation , really sucks . Do you have a copy of your agreement with Verizon?

dkediger

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
As a somewhat last resort, you might be able to dispute whatever charges Samsung puts on your card. I'm not sure how successful it would be, but it sounds like they're going to ding your card for the trade amount, and still have kept the old device?

In short, your business, as well as your card's, is by and between you and Samsung. Whatever or however they represented Verizon is their business. Your card provider should represent you in this case. The resolution might involve returning the phone to Samsung in a "no harm, no foul" scenario in which any charges to your card are unwound. You would then be free to go to Verizon direct.

bigpapa7272

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Dk they said they would ding my card for 600 which is balance or if I return the phone they wouldn't charge for the 6 months I had it and Samsung would pay for the return shipping and return the tax paid as well but the trade in($400.00) would only be returned as a promotional code for the Samsung shop. based this experience with Samsung shop I don't want to give them the satisfaction of any more of my business as I feel the way this has been handled by them is totally wrong.

I just sent them a lengthy email in my ticket email and will see what they say. I really think the only way to get some traction on this is to start sending some complaints to consumer protection agencies.....

daero93

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm going thru the same situation. Even though I got a representative in the US from Samsung to tell me that everything was fine. I gave her my order number and she confirmed that everything is ok. But during the day other Samsung reps from abroad keep calling. I told them to look at the notes that the previous rep recorded. In the meantime I called my bank and reported my card lost and got a new one. I'm not trying to lose any money over some internal BS between these two companies. I did my part. It's not my fault. Plus Verizon told me there is nothing Samsung can do about it. They can't turn off your phone or anything. So the people with this problem might end up with a free phone. If they fix it, then I'll gladly pay it through the payment agreement. I said to the guy at Samsung to return my Note 8 that I traded in and he said he can't do that. I would have to do another agreement or buy outright. Not me!!!

bigpapa7272

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm going thru the same situation. Even though I got a representative in the US from Samsung to tell me that everything was fine. I gave her my order number and she confirmed that everything is ok. But during the day other Samsung reps from abroad keep calling. I told them to look at the notes that the previous rep recorded. In the meantime I called my bank and reported my card lost and got a new one. I'm not trying to lose any money over some internal BS between these two companies. I did my part. It's not my fault. Plus Verizon told me there is nothing Samsung can do about it. They can't turn off your phone or anything. So the people with this problem might end up with a free phone. If they fix it, then I'll gladly pay it through the payment agreement. I said to the guy at Samsung to return my Note 8 that I traded in and he said he can't do that. I would have to do another agreement or buy outright. Not me!!!

Thanks for the input now I don't feel like I am the only one who is going through this