Need advice on how to unroot.

anicholas7

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I have to return my Bionic for a refurb and need to unroot. I have been searching all forums on how to do this but I am having problems downloading certain files.

I rooted using Petes one click and installed eclipse 2.1.
I do not have a nandroid backup of the stock rom (my bad)

I have installed on my computer the following
1)Motorola_end_user_driver_installation_5.2.0 64bit
2)RSDLite5.3.1
3)targa_cdma_targa_user-2.3.4-5.5.1_84_DB_55_110814-Version-UStar

My problem is everything I am reading states I should use different versions of these:
1)Moto drivers 5.2.1
2)RSDLite 5.5
3)FXZ (which I believe is what I have but doesn't list any Version.

Now when I find these files in different areas on the web none of them are available to download. Its like they were being blocked or were removed.
Also can I forgo the following and just use Petes one click to unroot.

Last edited:

anicholas7

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I decided to try and use Petes one click to unroot. I am unrooted but it still hasEclipse rom on it. On boot up it shows the Eclipse boot up screen and in my app draw I still scroll up and down not left to right. It also shows Eclipse 2.0 in about phone under build number How do I get rid of that.

SirGeorgeKillian

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Do you have safe strap? If so, look in the rooting section at the top, I posted a video I used to unroot mine. Make sure once you get it unrooted, you check it with an app.

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Tapatalk 2

anicholas7

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Thanks but I was able to get back to stock using RSD Lite 5.7 and the FXZ file. Turns out now I am getting 4G service so it must have been a problem with the radios on my phone. Maybe they got corrupted from an app or some setting but to tell you the truth I am liking the stock rom and will not root again until I see how ICS looks when it comes out for the Bionic.

tennvol

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I returned mine a few months ago and left it rooted. I don't think vzw cares because they will just reflash it

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk