Need dialer or separate app to deal with codes that need to be entered after the call connects.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I attend a ton of conference calls. The call-in number is the same, but the access code is different depending on who starts the call. I'm looking for a dialer or other app that understands that we need to dial numbers after the call connects -- and don't want to remember them. (This could be useful for phone trees you deal with on a regular basis, too. And, yes, I think you can put commas into number strings as pauses and make something work, but I'd prefer not to litter my contacts with dozens of conference call numbers if I can help it.)

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
What phone? My pixel 2 XL handles this fine using the stock dialer.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Not in one number, but enter a bunch of different "after dialing" numbers (you can set the label to Custom and label it what you need for each one) under the dial-in number. If that doesn't work (I've never tried it, at least you'll have the number right there in the contact for the dial-in number.

Geetz66

Oct 24, 2018
Visit site
Sorry, search wasn't working after creating my account. Thanks for the reply. I have an Asus ZenFone 3 (ASUS_Z01HD). When you say it handles it, what do you do exactly to make ths work? Do you add additional "other" numbers in the same contact entry? (I tried this, but can't seem to find a way to get that number to dial while I am in a call already....)

Geetz66

Oct 24, 2018
Visit site
Not in one number, but enter a bunch of different "after dialing" numbers (you can set the label to Custom and label it what you need for each one) under the dial-in number. If that doesn't work (I've never tried it, at least you'll have the number right there in the contact for the dial-in number.

Thanks for the reply. I tried this, but can't seem to find a way to get those extra custom numbers to dial while I am in a call already. If I navigate back to contacts while in a call, then selecting those custom numbers just results in an error when you press the dial icon.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I have my dial-ins set with pauses/waits and the numbers programmed into the main contact number. It IS disappointing that this results in access codes being placed in clear text in your contacts list, I agree...

Geetz66

Oct 24, 2018
Visit site
I have my dial-ins set with pauses/waits and the numbers programmed into the main contact number. It IS disappointing that this results in access codes being placed in clear text in your contacts list, I agree...

I'm just going to have to do that. It'll work. I'm surprised this isn't a more common desire and hasn't been addressed with a cleaner solution. Thanks, everyone, for the feedback!

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm just going to have to do that. It'll work. I'm surprised this isn't a more common desire and hasn't been addressed with a cleaner solution. Thanks, everyone, for the feedback!

I don't think iOS has a better way to do it. The company I support used to have an app that monitored the calendar and aided in doing this based on the events on the calendar. I don't know if they maintained their app or if it's gone away.

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
There are several apps in the Play Store. I just did a search for conference calls and got several results. The one I looked at is called Conference Caller. Seems to do what you need.

Geetz66

Oct 24, 2018
Visit site
There are several apps in the Play Store. I just did a search for conference calls and got several results. The one I looked at is called Conference Caller. Seems to do what you need.

Well, now I just feel silly. I had it in my mind that this needed to be a feature of the main dialer. Thank you! Looks like Conference Caller works pretty well.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21