need help please!

android06

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
so i just got a gnex. it was 4.0.4
i used this method to unlock and root
http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...-root-unroot-unlock-your-vz-galaxy-nexus.html

seemed to be successful. i installed rom manager, but then when i tried to flash CWM Recovery, i kept getting a message saying "An error occurred while attempting to run privileged commands!"
Also when i go to bootloader manually by turning on phone while pressing volume up and down, and i go to recovery mode, i keep getting stuck on the screen with the dead android with the red !

ive looked and tried what other people said in different forums, most of them keep saying to "flash this and that" but i can't even flash anything!

please help, i just want to flash some custom roms already!

thank you in advanced.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
You need the latest su zip and you need to download cwm to your computer. Then you will put the latest su on your SD card, and the cwm img in the adb/super boot folder you have that contains fastboot.exe

From there, put USB debugging on, connect to CPU via USB, and power off phone. Power phone back on in boot loader mode by holding volume up volume down and power all together.

Open terminal on the computer and cd to the folder that has fastboot and the cwm img you just placed in there.

So, if the super boot or adb folder you have is on desktop, do this:
cd desktop
cd superboot

Next you need to enter this command to temp boot cwm on your phone:
./fastboot boot recovery clockworknameofthisfileiswhateverfileiscalled5.456etc.img

Then you have cwm on your phone temporarily and you can go to install zip from SD card and find the latest such and flash it.

That will give you root and you can reboot, download rom manager, and flash cwm permanently

7stringer

I have The Rickets
Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
I suggest getting CWM Touch once you have installed everything successfully. It will basically replace your standard CWM, IIRC, and is all touch-based. It will be accessible via the normal ROM manager app. The UI is cleaner, easier to read, etc. I've had NO issues with it since installing. It costs a few bucks - as does ROM Manager if you want to donate - but it's totally worth it for the great work they do.

android06

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
You need the latest su zip and you need to download cwm to your computer. Then you will put the latest su on your SD card, and the cwm img in the adb/super boot folder you have that contains fastboot.exe

From there, put USB debugging on, connect to CPU via USB, and power off phone. Power phone back on in boot loader mode by holding volume up volume down and power all together.

Open terminal on the computer and cd to the folder that has fastboot and the cwm img you just placed in there.

So, if the super boot or adb folder you have is on desktop, do this:
cd desktop
cd superboot

Next you need to enter this command to temp boot cwm on your phone:
./fastboot boot recovery clockworknameofthisfileiswhateverfileiscalled5.456etc.img

Then you have cwm on your phone temporarily and you can go to install zip from SD card and find the latest such and flash it.

That will give you root and you can reboot, download rom manager, and flash cwm permanently

Thanks! it was a little different for the mac i think, but i got an idea on what to do thanks to your helpful post! God bless you man.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Thanks! it was a little different for the mac i think, but i got an idea on what to do thanks to your helpful post! God bless you man.

Word glad it worked out.

Those are Mac instructions but they vary in the cd part according to where and what your folders are named and located. :)

android06

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Word glad it worked out.

Those are Mac instructions but they vary in the cd part according to where and what your folders are named and located. :)

oh ok.. it wasnt working when i would type "cd desktop" etc. i just copied the commands on the root instructions. it was like ~/desktop...

Thanks again!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wyattling