need help regarding a screen protector

Rmbrown1964

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
I had the guy install a screen protector from the AT&T store today. It has a halo around the edges he told me it will go away in a few days. Something tells me he is wrong. Can anyone help me out? Thanks
It's a bodyguardz tempered class screen protector

Posted via the Android Central App

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
I've applied many screen protectors for people when I worked at Best Buy and I can tell you that the tempered glass ones shouldn't have a halo around it at all.

Have them (someone else) redo it for you.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Check to see if the screen protector is centered correctly. Sometimes if you don't get the screen protector on correctly, it will cause issues.

If possible, I tend to go with Zagg as they offer a lifetime warranty on their screen protectors.

theonecid

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I have a halo on my tempered glass screen protector too. Was quite deceived by that. Apparently the phones don't all have the same curvatures around the edges so not all Notes will get a nice screen protector application on them.
Mine is the JETech glass screen protector

Rmbrown1964

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for your input, I'm going back to AT&T store for a refund or have them install it over. I really do like the Note 5, looking at this halo bugs me so much, not to mention what I paid for it. I should have got it from Amazon. I just have a hard time installing them my hands are to shaky.

Rmbrown1964

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone else tell me about there experience getting a screen protector? and what is the best one for a Note 5 and did you also have a halo around the edges? Thank you

nickdeck

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Thank you for your input, I'm going back to AT&T store for a refund or have them install it over. I really do like the Note 5, looking at this halo bugs me so much, not to mention what I paid for it. I should have got it from Amazon. I just have a hard time installing them my hands are to shaky.

Curious as to what you paid them for it. I bought my Note 5 at an ATT store, and the woman who sold it to me tried to sell me a Zagg for $40, installed (same one that Amazon sells for $20).

I told her that I'd read quite a few comments about getting halos on the Note 5, could she guarantee that I wouldn't see that problem? She said that she hadn't put one on a Note 5 yet, but that she'd do her best. Guess what I said.

Bottom line, I think, is that it's a crap shoot at any of those places, ATT, Best Buy, wherever. Just because they work there doesn't mean they're experts.

Brent Michael

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Check to see if the screen protector is centered correctly. Sometimes if you don't get the screen protector on correctly, it will cause issues.

If possible, I tend to go with Zagg as they offer a lifetime warranty on their screen protectors.

Always zagg! With their warranty, it's a no-brainer.

Samsung galaxy note 5 32GB
Running 5.1.1
On AT&T

John Oliver1

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Just purchased a Zagg glass screen protector from Best Buy today and installed it myself. Went very smooth and no halo effect. Looks great. Very easy to install.

tnaser2006

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
I never buy a screen protector. I make 'em.
How?
Get a roll 3M clear packing tape, apply it to a piece of glass, to remove most of the stickiness (makes removal easier) and apply it to screen.
Finally, with a razor blade, cut it to fit.
The tape is wide enough to cover almost any screen and a >$3US roll will cover a number of screens.

Roguefoxx

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
I am certainly never all that careful with my phones, and frequently carry them in my pockets with keys and change etc... and I have never had the need for a screen protector. These screens are very tough.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
above30phoneguy