Need help restoring a Bionic to original factory settings..

Razorback71854

May 24, 2013
Visit site
So I've had my Bionic for 2 years now.. I rooted about 6 months ago and I removed some apps I shouldn't have.. (hotspotlauncher.apk at least). Without that app, I can't update the OS. I have never installed any custom ROMs.

Now I'm looking to revert to the stock OS version so that I can upgrade..

I don't care about rooting or losing data at this point. I've backed up everything I need.

So far I have tried the restore option under the settings privacy menu and in the system recovery menu. The OS still fails to update. The error message just says "update failed" after the phone boots up. I suspect hotspotlauncher.apk is still the culprit.

Current OS version is 4.0.4
Current system version is 6.7.246.XT875.verizon.en.us

I greatly appreciate any help with this..

xecuter1004

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
So I've had my Bionic for 2 years now.. I rooted about 6 months ago and I removed some apps I shouldn't have.. (hotspotlauncher.apk at least). Without that app, I can't update the OS. I have never installed any custom ROMs.

Now I'm looking to revert to the stock OS version so that I can upgrade..

I don't care about rooting or losing data at this point. I've backed up everything I need.

So far I have tried the restore option under the settings privacy menu and in the system recovery menu. The OS still fails to update. The error message just says "update failed" after the phone boots up. I suspect hotspotlauncher.apk is still the culprit.

Current OS version is 4.0.4
Current system version is 6.7.246.XT875.verizon.en.us

I greatly appreciate any help with this..

You will need to fxz back to stock ics, follow the instruction from this link http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...install-246-ics-fxz-updated-10-24-2012-a.html

Sent from my Razor M XT907 using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lonewolfnz