Need help with scrolling up on entered lines of text before the Thunderbolt launch.

akhi216

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
This may sound stupid but I don't know so I'm asking...

Okay. I'm used to having a physical qwerty keyboard to type on. My first phone was a Blackberry Bold 9000. The service, or lack thereof, garbage and the physical qwerty keyboard's keys were to small for me to type on without hitting multiple keys (I'm 6'4) so I returned it and jumped moved on to the Android Revolution getting a T-Mobile G1. I got the G2 about two weeks after the release. I liked it, but I felt that it was missing something (namely a Faux-G connection in my home leaving me stuck with the ever-crappy 2G Edge connection). So I switched to Sprint getting an HTC EVO Shift. I like it; great hardware but I can't get the 4G signal that I'm paying 10 dollars a month for in my home for more that 15 seconds and that's after repeatedly scanning for it (F***!). The HTC EVO Shift slowly broke me into not using external input methods such as a trackball, trackpad, or d-pad with it's d-pad on it's nearly impossible to get to slide out qwerty keyboard.

Getting more to the point, I keep hearing EVO owners swear up and down that the EVO is the best Android phone. I played with an EVO, liked it and wonder how would one scroll up and down on text entered in fields that only show 2-4 lines (forgived me for being a noob if it's an easy question). To be more concise, if I enter 10 lines of text in a field that only shows two lines of text (i.e. OI Safe) how would I scroll up to to lines one through 8 of the text without an external input method such as a trackpad, trackball , or d-pad?

Help would be greatly appreciated. :)

Btw, I used the EVO as an example because the EVO is just like the Thunderbolt from what I understand and I have preordered the Thunderbolt and I really need an answer because I write a lot of essays using things like notepads and I can't see any way to scroll up in that said situation.

Sorry for the run-on sentence...

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk

shellguy05

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Cant you just use your finger and scroll it up or down like you were reading an email or something? Just finger scroll in the box that has what your typing in? Thats how I always did it on my other touch screen phones? This is coming from someone who doesn't own an android phone yet.

akhi216

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Cant you just use your finger and scroll it up or down like you were reading an email or something? Just finger scroll in the box that has what your typing in? Thats how I always did it on my other touch screen phones? This is coming from someone who doesn't own an android phone yet.

No. You can't do that in every field. You can't do that on OI Safe, which I use a lot.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk

ncbryan

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
It is a non issue! I had BB for years prior to going to Android. You will absolutely LOVE Android and kick yourself in the bum for not switching sooner.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fatJimmy