Need more storage....what SD Card should I get?

MrsDowFire

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
I have the Samsung Galaxy S5 Model SM-G900V Android 4.4.4

My phone device storage is almost at capacity and I currently have a 16gb sd card but thought I'd go ahead and get a new sd card and move stuff from my phone to the new sd card since the device storage is at capacity. I'd like some advice on what SD card to purchase; is there certain GB amounts to stay away from? ie., large capacity card? I'm thinking about the 32GB or 64GB card from Samsung. What's Good/Bad about their cards?

Example: Samsung 64GB PRO Class 10 Micro SDXC up to 90MB/s with Adapter (MB-MG64DA/AM)

Any and all advice appreciated.

Thanks everyone.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
You can't really go wrong with either card. Samsung cards, in your case, are guaranteed to be more compatible with your phone, and a Class 10 should mean that you can use it to record data-dense video, which your phone is capable of. And these days SD Card deals are quite common, so I'd say a 64GB should be OK if you need that much space.

The difference between SDHC and SDXC are the sizes. HC stands for High Capacity and usually runs up to 32GB, while XC stands for Extended Capacity and has larger SD Card sizes. The Class, however, means how fast the card can read/write data into itself, so a Class 4 card will certainly not be enough if you are trying to record 4K video, which has a higher data rate than what is supported by those cards.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCheekyDinosaur