Need new contract to lock in Unlimited?

Gary Friderichsohn

May 20, 2012
Visit site
Contract up 9/01. I have the Unlimited Data. I can then continue to just pay monthly, right? But what if Sprint decides to stop with the Unlimited data, then I would not have a chance to be "grandfathered in". Right? I was just going to keep and use my EVO 4G until LTE arrived here as I don't want to be w/o 4G. I don't really want to sign another contract with the EVO 4G.
Please don't say ask Sprint, because I did and the two in the store assured me LTE is going be here very soon. Yeah, maybe. Maybe not. I am in eastern Washington and while we got 4G rather quickly I can't believe this sparsely settled place has a priority for LTE. The way these carriers are doing things it would not surprise me to see Sprint terminate the unlimited. At one time I thought it their only selling point, but with the others raising their prices perhaps Sprint will try to gain more revenue.

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I know "unlimited" is their selling point right now, but not too long ago they tiered tether users, so I'm not sure whats going to be going down in thee near future.

However, if they did away with unlimited, you'd probably see advance notice online...

Sent using my MoPho-King photon

pmoser

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't be worried, Sprint can't afford to give up unlimted. At least not while their network is in such shambles.

Sent from my Droid Incredible

ajonesma

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Sprint can't give up unlimited, they would lose everyone. I don't see them getting rid of Unlimited for at least a year after this network vision is finished.