Need some advice please

KentuckyHouse

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so here's the deal. I'm currently mid-contract with an iPhone 4S but I also have (had) a Galaxy SII (AT&T) that I bought with one of our unused upgrades around Thanksgiving when Radio Shack was running the $50 deal for the GSII.

I just sold the GSII for about $200 more than I paid for it, but I really don't want to be without an Android device. My 4S is my daily driver, but I love to tinker with my Android!

I'm trying to decide what I should get to replace the GSII. I'm almost sold on the unlocked GNex directly from Google Play for $399, but I want to know if you guys would go that direction. Remember, I'm swapping my micro-sim from my 4S into whatever Android I have, so at this point, a LTE device isn't really an option. I'd love to get the GSIII, but it's a LTE phone, so it won't work with my micro-sim.

So should I go for the unlocked GNex, or is there another phone out there that you guys recommend? I love rooting, but is that even needed with the GNex since it's vanilla Android (I've never had a Nexus device before, so this will be a little new for me should I go with the GNex).

I'm all ears and thanks for your help!

KeviiinS

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
I was thinking about this all week. I had many options. GS2, HTC One S, Moto Razor, and Gnex (all unlocked GSM versions) and at the end I chose the gnex. Its just awesome and there's a lot of development for that phone. I'm getting it the end of this week :)

Reactions: KentuckyHouse

r800z

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
If you have a micro sim just get a non lte galaxy s3! My girlfriend sold her craphone 4s to get it and it worked straight away when she popped sim card in.
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

mtmjr90

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
The development communities behind the GNex, One X, and S3 are going to be pretty good across the board (though I'd give the edge to the GNex probably).

I don't know to what degree you like to tinker but I take a lot of comfort in knowing that I can almost certainly never brick my GNex through tinkering. Worst case, I can reflash the stock image from Google...the phone is made to be hacked.

But if you like Sense or the new Touchwiz, it's gonna be a hell of a lot easier for devs to give you custom ROMs using those frameworks on the One X/S3...I know because I've been waiting for a Sense 4 ROM for the GNex pretty much since Sense 4 was introduced=/ Also remember the One X and S3 have physical buttons and I personally prefer the software ones on the GNex.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dijablue