need to return exchanged evo 3d past original 30 day window

niju321

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
title is pretty self explanatory. I purchased an evo 3d a few weeks ago, exchanged it as it was acting up (for a new replacement since i was within the 30 day window), and now this one is acting up also, freezing and restarting randomly. so i think i will just return it and wait for the galaxy s2. at the time i exchanged phone #1 for phone #2, i specifically asked in the store "does this mean i have another 30 days or just the remainder of the original 30 day period to return this phone if it doesn't work" and was specifically told by the tech (in an official sprint store) that i would get ANOTHER 30 days to determine whether or not to keep the phone. now i am reading the sprint return policy on their website which says that exchanging the device does not extend the 30 day period. i am infuriated that the tech gave me incorrect information--had i seen this policy i would have just returned the phone at the original service visit.

suggestions for how to handle this? i do not want to keep this phone. i have 3 other lines up for renewal as well on this account. i have an appointment at the sprint store tomorrow to return the phone, and i hope they are reasonable about this or i am going to be furious...

jhiciano

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Hope that the information you were told was notated somewhere, itll be you word against sprint basically f not , and here in my area at the store they could care less

Puzzlegal

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Be firm but polite. The manager has some leeway, and I think you have a decent chance of returning the phone. Start by working with the same sales rep who replaced the last one if you can. With any luck he will remember telling you that, and try to honour his (mistaken) word.