Need to wipe out Thunderbolt but keep it rooted....

atwnsw

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I sold my Thunderbolt and am delivering the phone in the morning.

What is the simplest way to wipe out my phone data while keeping it rooted?

Thanks

Anthony

atwnsw

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Actually, I have a problem. My photos are still on the phone.

What else could be on the phone if I did the factory reset?

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
One more thing, If you planing on leaving sd card in device you may want to make sure to format the card and also do not give the buyer your SIM card because it contains personal information for your account, remove the card and let user know they can get a 4G card from Verizon.

Last edited:

atwnsw

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I know hot to format the card but not sure how to locate the card.

I went to "Mount as Disk Drive" and see a ton of programs listed under "Removable Disk K" in Windows Explorer

.android secure
.bookmark thumb
.data
.fdhttp
.(alphabetically listed through a bunch of additional names and then ending with the last 3 programs listed below)
.tmp
.Vault
.voix

Which of these can I delete?

I am afraid to delete all of them ....

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
I know hot to format the card but not sure how to locate the card.

I went to "Mount as Disk Drive" and see a ton of programs listed under "Removable Disk K" in Windows Explorer

.android secure
.bookmark thumb
.data
.fdhttp
.(alphabetically listed through a bunch of additional names and then ending with the last 3 programs listed below)
.tmp
.Vault
.voix

Which of these can I delete?

I am afraid to delete all of them ....

You can delete them all...... they will re-populate the next time the phone is used again.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Are you telling me to format "Removable Disk K" which has 29.7GB capacity?

Format the last drive that shows up when you mount the sd card with the PC, each pc will have different letter depending on the number of drives installed in the system.

You can also format drive from device by going to Settings / Storage / Unmount SD Card / Erase SD Card.. Once done press Mount SD Card.

atwnsw

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Format the last drive that shows up when you mount the sd card with the PC, each pc will have different letter depending on the number of drives installed in the system.

You can also format drive from device by going to Settings / Storage / Unmount SD Card / Erase SD Card.. Once done press Mount SD Card.

1) I selected "SD & Phone Storage". Then "Format SD Card" then "Erase Everything". My only option was to "Unmount SD Card", not "Mount SD Card". Is that okay?

2) Finally, on the list of options under "SD & Phone Storage", it lists an option "Factory data reset" which erases all data on phone. Is this an option or will it screw things up?

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Does that mean they will repopulate without my data, photos and personal info which could be left (like recorded phone calls)?

No your info will be gone.. Wipe the whole card... nothing bad will happen. The the 3 or 4 folders that are are found on the card when you first bought the phone will return as soon as the phone is used again.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
1) I selected "SD & Phone Storage". Then "Format SD Card" then "Erase Everything". My only option was to "Unmount SD Card", not "Mount SD Card". Is that okay?

2) Finally, on the list of options under "SD & Phone Storage", it lists an option "Factory data reset" which erases all data on phone. Is this an option or will it screw things up?

You're on your phone.... you need to be on your computer... plug the phone into the computer.. enable usb debugging under Menu.. Settings.. Applications.. Development from the phone. From the phone.. change it from Charge Only to Mount as Disc Drive from your notification bar. From your computer... go to My Computer.. find the drive of the SD Card (K) or whatever it is for you...... right click on the drive.. select the option to format the card... everything will be deleted. Switch back to Charge Only from your phone and unplug the usb cord.. you're done.

Yes... if you are doing it this way... / Unmount SD Card / Erase SD Card.. Once done press Mount SD Card.

wildman

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site

This may help...

789.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AMPRO