Netflix App - Choppy Video / Audio out of sync. Can I get some help?

A

AC Question

Netflix App - Choppy Video / Audio out of sync

device - Samsung Galaxy Tab 4
OS version - 4.4.4

I'm at my wits end. I have literally done everything and cannot correct this problem.

Whenever I play any video through netflix, either the app or through a browser. It starts playing fine, then after about 8 seconds, it freezes, starts getting choppy, and the audio continues playing while the video freezes, after about 1 minute of that, the video plays well for the rest of the video, accept the audio is now out of sync.

1. I have tried updating to latest version of netflix app
2. uninstalling netflix app and viewing through browser.
3. factory restore
4. using netflix through kodi, which is stupid because it just launches the netflix app on the device.
5. Went into dev mode and enabled 2D hardware acceleration.

videos play fine in youtube and other streaming sites. Kodi videos also play fine. The only problem is with netflix, and it is only on android. Netflix works fine on every other device on network, wifi is fine, and internet connection is more that fast enough for HD. Also it doesn't matter whether the content is HD or SD. Resolution on device set to max,

Tried calling netflix support, and they were unable to fix it, they said it was my internet or wifi connection, reset my router ect.. I am a network engineer, I know there is nothing wrong with my network.

At first I thought it was a problem with the hardware in the device as being inadequate as it works fine on my other computers that have better graphics cards. But since other streaming videos play fine on the device, now I thinking it might be a codec issue, some codec that netflix is using on android that they don't use on other devices.

By the way, my tablet is not rooted and I am not going to root it.

Any thoughts?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Netflix App - Choppy Video / Audio out of sync

Welcome to Android Central! Have you already tried wiping the cache partition? https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-11085 Presumably, the factory reset did the same thing, but it doesn't hurt to try, since you won't lose any personal data.

Also, after the factory reset, did you only install Netflix, and then try it? Or did the tablet start installing all of your other apps? If one of those apps is interfering with Netflix, it'll be pretty tedious to test by uninstalling each app one by one. You could try another factory reset, but this time after the Setup Wizard, go immediately to the Play Store and prevent all apps from reinstalling. Then install Netflix only, and see if the problem persists.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech