123guinness

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys new. New xoom owner and member here. I have a question. When will netflix be available to play on this device. Also, will we BA able to watch video's from nbc.com on it when flash comes out?

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys new. New xoom owner and member here. I have a question. When will netflix be available to play on this device. Also, will we BA able to watch video's from nbc.com on it when flash comes out?

The Netflix question is out of our control, as of now Netflix is going to release on the Snapdragon line of CPUs because of hardware DRM support. It remains to be seen whether or not Honeycomb has the right software to satisfy the network execs in Hollywood enough that Netflix will be OK to stream.

pandersonx

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
got my new xoom today. I assumed Netflix was going to work. I really don't want to return this and go get an Ipad, but the lack of competitive apps is killing me.

Menno

Coffee Addict
Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
got my new xoom today. I assumed Netflix was going to work. I really don't want to return this and go get an Ipad, but the lack of competitive apps is killing me.

They never said Netflix would be on it.. so not sure why you assumed it would be there. Netflix IS working on an android app, for both Tegra (xoom) and Snapdragon phones. But there was never an ETA on when it would be available.

As for the iPad, I'd hold off on that if I were you. With Apple's new IAP model, there's a chance Netflix might have to be pulled from the App Store

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnnetteConnor