Network Mode grayed out. No 5g access

Callie Lovett

Sep 22, 2022
Visit site
Hi guys! I'm a noobie, so I apologize if I'm asking a question that has already been answered. I've done a few searches with different wording, but can't find what I'm looking for.

I have a T-Mobile unlocked 21+5G phone that I am using with Cricket as my provider. I have only seen 5G once, when I first set up the phone and put in my sim card. When I put my sim in my family member's phones it has 5G. So I can rule out the sim. I went to Cricket and they did try for a while, but after making sure software was up to date and my apk was correct they sent me packing. I contacted Samsung support and they were absolutely no help.

When I open settings, then go to mobile networks, the option for network mode is set to automatic and grayed out so that I can't even open the setting. Can anyone help with this? Is it the phone's past life with tmobile that is preventing this? I'm at a complete loss at this point.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Welcome to AC!

Being past TMO device shouldn't matter , cricket run by Att and you seeing greyed out for network automatic is normal but your device is unlocked .

In settings>network what do u see there ?
I'll post a screenshot on my Samsung with Att Screenshot_20220922_003624_Call%20settings.jpgScreenshot_20220922_003601_Call%20settings.jpg