New 8-ish Inch (7.8 - 8.4") tablet anytime soon?

ActualMichael

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
The only newer tablet I can see in the category is the the Sumsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4, and I refuse to buy a tablet with physical hardware buttons.

I would love for LG to update their G Pad with better internals, but I can't find anything about tablet that they may be working on. Any other upcoming tablets rumored (at around the 8 inch size) that I should be keeping my eye on?

ActualMichael

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, the N1 it's a nice little tablet, but it appears that it's only being released in China and Russia (probably to prevent Apple from litigating to have it blocked here in the US, since it's basically and iPad mini clone). Plus, I'm really not sold on the 4:3 aspect ratio. I understand that it makes using a tablet more useful for regular, everyday tasks, but most all media is produced in a 16:9 aspect ratio, and many android apps are not made to fit properly on a 4:3 screen.

I feel like other than Samsung, most of the other major android OEMs have kind of abandoned the tablet space. Even Google only put out one tablet this year. I would love to see something out of HTC or Motorolla in the tablet space, or, as I said, something like the LG Gpad 8.3, but with updated specs.

dougltc

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I was ready to pre-order an N1 thinking that a release was imminent... Nope. February... Ugh.

I broke N7 and want a new tablet but I'm not willing to spend Nexus 9 money...

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrBrown