New AC Forum skin on the Website

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm sticking with the AC Forums App. Something went sideways to say the least with the new layout, and I just prefer the app's streamlined functionality.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
You can change back by going to general settings and going to the template area. If you choose AC Forums 2012 it should revert back to the old way.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
On the desktop site, if you scroll all the way to the bottom, you'll see a dropdown selection menu. If you see the old format (i.e, the one you're used to), it'll say "AC Forums 2012." Click it, and select "MoNa Style," and you should see the new format.

Incidentally, I was going to move this to the Site Feedback forum, since it seems out of place in the V20 forum. Let me know if you object.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I don't like the new design and up until this morning, I was able to use the old design. Now that no longer works and I have only the new design. I don't like it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I don't like the new design and up until this morning, I was able to use the old design. Now that no longer works and I have only the new design. I don't like it.

Yeah, it's weird, because I still see the selector at the bottom of the screen (the one that says MoNa Style), and when I select AC Forums 2012, it still just refreshes the screen with MoNa Style.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Awful. Just awful.

And this isn't just a question of not liking change. The new design is harder to read with all the low contrast elements. In multi-page threads, it's harder to figure out what page you're on, because there's almost no difference in the color / contrast of the current page number and the prior / next page numbers. (And hovering the mouse over the current page number still changes it to a hand, as if it was a valid link - but it's not.) It's way too bright, and there's way too much wasted space. I could go on and on.

Did Mobile Nations hire someone with UX experience to create this mess, or did you try to do it yourselves? I can't image any experience UX designed coming up with this.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
How can I get the old style back? At the bottom of each page there's a style chooser, but no matter what I pick it stays on "MoNa Style." If you're not going to let us choose another style, why tease us with a non-functional selection.Oh well, just another reason to spend less time here and more at XDA.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It's way too bright, and there's way too much wasted space.

The dark theme is actually pretty easy to read. Click on the moon icon at the lower right of the Your Menu dropdown window. That's not perfect either, because the text entry window is still a blinding white, but the rest of the thread or post is easier to read, in my opinion.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhajajajajjdjjf