new and learning fast... just a little hesitant

natn311

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
hey i've got an lg optimus s, 6 months ago or so, probly the coolest little phone on earth... (prob a little bias)... anyway started looking around here, i have a few friends with "how lame am iphones" trying to get that coined, anyways, i'm not a comp guru or a phone junky, and linux is a tough pill to swallow, weighing pros and cons of loading some roms, trying to trick the phone out... you know for the ladies... (not really my wife thinks i'm a big effing nerd and in way over my head) moral of the story is used gingersnap to root, have a few app mngrs, ran a backup with clockworkmod, getting ready to flash first rom (fearing the brick... none yet tg) .. just want my phone to be able to do stuff carriers dont want it to be able to do, hit me with any blessings

natn311

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
--install from sd card--
finding update package...
opening update package... verifying update package... E:signature verification failed installation aborted.

natn311

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Had alot of mixed info with rom manager...no brick....yet. forgive my ignorance, xionia ?...well struggling with that.. That goes on the sd card root?....then what...? Apparently I need an emulator for my pc...running win 7,...couldn't find one in any prev posts...trying to flash reborn...thinking about formatting sd and starting from scratch...

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

natn311

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Adb worked to root...but it doesn't really do much else...what do I need to do from the command prompt to push files to my phone...i feel like I'm only missing a small piece of the puzzle

jondevere

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
maybe u bricked everything but the recovery partition. Try the return to stock thread possibly or the how to on some forms of brick

natn311

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
It reboots fine...didn't lose any contacts or photos...

Honestly afraid to f up something up using command prompt...and since I've never really done something this extreme....just a little nervous.

natn311

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Got it!!! Reborn rocks...you guys and this forum are my new best friends....keep fighting the good fight