New Android User-Samsung Droid Charge

DanCLE#AC

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone!

I just switched over to Android from the iPhone 3GS. Glad to be back on Verizon (was on AT&T) and I really like the Samsung Droid Charge. Learning curve is really not as bad as I thought and I'm liking it much better than the iPhone.

One thing I have seen with my friends' Android devices is the HTC Sense UI. I really like the clock/weather widget on their home screen and have not been able to find one to match for my phone. Also, is there a way to remove the Verizon bloatware that comes pre-installed onto it?

Thanks in advance for all feedback and recommendations. I'm excited to dive into these forums and get to know all of you!

Dan

Smitty_82

Android Addict
Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to AC! As far as the clock widget I would take a look at Beautiful Widgets. It's a great app and well worth it. The bloatware can not be removed without rooting. Check out all the info in the Charge forums to see if that is something that you want to do.

Reactions: DanCLE#AC

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I use wx widgets, and currently 3d weather digital clock.

Welcome, but for general user issues, best to post them in the General How To forum. Sometimes, you don't get a lot of responses here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome