New Contracts and Data Packages

MAVERICSOUL

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
Ok So my gf added a line to her account to get the G2 on the free promotion they were doing last month.
When she talked to the rep, they said it would be no prob just adding the line and not using the sim. Just to use the current sim on her main number and put in the G2.

After she got the phone, she saw all these charges on her account and called into Tmobile t o ask why. They said that **** signed a contract that tied her to a data package for the full duration of her contract and she cant take it off of the new line because the upgraded to a smartphone package. Even if she was to put the sim into a dummy phone like and older nokia she has, it will still charge her for the full data package per month. They said she would have to upgrade again with a dummy phone for it to come off. :mad:
Does anyone know if this is common practice cuz i never heard of a contract tying you to a data plan even tho you can change anything else about it.
I have been in the phone biz for a long time and i have never heard of this.
I review and swap phone upgrades and downgrade plans and phones all the time based on what i need the line for on that time. I am with Vzw and i can do this and we all know that CDMA is more limited than GSM

prittyboy203

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Hey man I am used to this crap by now let me understand you right you got a phone for free and you thought it wouldn't charge you for getting it is that right cuz now a days the only 2 things is if you went past your old 2 year contract then get a new phone and get internet they always tax you with another contract just for the internet and also I just went thru just getting a mytouch 4g and it breaking on me in 2 days and they didn't have anything in stock so my only option was to get a g2 and I already payed them a lot and they had to charge me $90 more which wasn't my fault they ran out lol man I have seen this a thousand times they say one thing and then you get slapped with a thousand new fees and government charges and things they said you wouldn't get charged for and get fffff#$

MAVERICSOUL

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site

They told her one thing on the phone and did different. They didn't tell her by upgrading she would be stuck with a data package on that sim and she doesn't even use the sim. She just used the promo to get the g2 free. So she is paying for a data package on a line she don't use.
Didn't know they do that cuz I never heard of it. Does that help u understand better?

brdl04

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
Hey man I am used to this crap by now let me understand you right you got a phone for free and you thought it wouldn't charge you for getting it is that right cuz now a days the only 2 things is if you went past your old 2 year contract then get a new phone and get internet they always tax you with another contract just for the internet and also I just went thru just getting a mytouch 4g and it breaking on me in 2 days and they didn't have anything in stock so my only option was to get a g2 and I already payed them a lot and they had to charge me $90 more which wasn't my fault they ran out lol man I have seen this a thousand times they say one thing and then you get slapped with a thousand new fees and government charges and things they said you wouldn't get charged for and get fffff#$

Im pretty sure I didn't understand anything you just said. Punctuation usually helps with this.

prittyboy203

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Yea true but when you use a phone i just start texting but yea I got yea that is what has been going on a lot they always no matter what get you with the data plan. unless you buy the phone from someone and use it with a different service but the only thing I could tell you to do is ***** and cry to see if they will do something

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

legendary1022

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Yea true but when you use a phone i just start texting but yea I got yea that is what has been going on a lot they always no matter what get you with the data plan. unless you buy the phone from someone and use it with a different service but the only thing I could tell you to do is ***** and cry to see if they will do something

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

My man, you are on a G2 with a full keyboard. Use punctuation. If you don't its impossible to read and you come off unintelligent. Not to say you are but what you are giving me helps me draw certain conclusions. Don't be lazy. Even the on screen keyboards make it easy to use punctuation. It will help you in life. Trust me.

Sent from my HTC Vision

legendary1022

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Its the reason they love selling you on a contract and offer phones such as the G2, Vibrants, and mytouch smartphones for free. They want you on that new contract and sell you on the data plan. T-mobile does have a $10 data plan but only 200mb per month. They don't make money on selling phones, not even the full price phones. They make money on selling minutes and data. A text message is so small its practically all profit for carriers.

Sent from my HTC Vision

cr3amy

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
My man, you are on a G2 with a full keyboard. Use punctuation. If you don't its impossible to read and you come off unintelligent. Not to say you are but what you are giving me helps me draw certain conclusions. Don't be lazy. Even the on screen keyboards make it easy to use punctuation. It will help you in life. Trust me.

Sent from my HTC Vision

Rofl

prittyboy203

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
What ever thanks for the tip plain and simple that have been getting people for a while. And people just answer the op question. don't criticize people on there punctuations. thats not what he asked. oh and trust me I'm not lazy nor retarted so I don't need a how write or text on my smartphone lesson but thanks for your life tip tho ;-)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolwilliamson