New G2 comes with KitKat

orangeman

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
I just bought a G2 from an AT&T store and was shocked to have 4.4.2 pre-installed. I had the impression this was essentially a forgotten phone by AT&T.

I automatically went to initiate the software updates and was stunned to see that no updates were available.

I thought this might be of interest to some people and just wanted let people know about this.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I just bought a G2 from an AT&T store and was shocked to have 4.4.2 pre-installed. I had the impression this was essentially a forgotten phone by AT&T.

I automatically went to initiate the software updates and was stunned to see that no updates were available.

I thought this might be of interest to some people and just wanted let people know about this.
Awesome, thanks for the heads-up!

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site

How is the phone functioning?

IM wondering if the preloaded versions have the same, less or no issues versus those that did an OTA to KK.

orangeman

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
How is the phone functioning?

IM wondering if the preloaded versions have the same, less or no issues versus those that did an OTA to KK.

For me, I think it is perfect, and I am very particular and do usually find faults with phones but this one doesn't have a single problem in daily use.

If you have specific questions about problem areas that occurred after the KK update, I'll be happy to answer or investigate. I didn't closely follow all those issues since I didn't own a G2 at the time so I just glanced at those threads.

andog88

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
For me, I think it is perfect, and I am very particular and do usually find faults with phones but this one doesn't have a single problem in daily use.

If you have specific questions about problem areas that occurred after the KK update, I'll be happy to answer or investigate. I didn't closely follow all those issues since I didn't own a G2 at the time so I just glanced at those threads.

I just got the g2 also pre installed with KK, I think the newly made g2s come with kitkat pre-installed. have you had any issues so far with yours? especially with the display since many complain of the dreadful screen flicker issue with the brightness going crazy? or are those issues usually just with the first release batch of the phone

orangeman

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Not one single issue, but I don't use auto brightness so I can't comment on the screen flicker. So far, this has been a completely trouble free phone.

Relletti

Trusted Member
Feb 3, 2013
Visit site

Awesome! I just ordered a G2 and I wasn't sure if it came pre loaded with KK.

Tapatalking

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I got mine last Friday and it did not have 4.4 installed. I upgraded, did a factory reset and it's working beautifully.

Posted via Android Central App

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reflavius