New Galaxy Note 3 Owner

HeatherDP

Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I just received my new Galaxy Note 3 yesterday and I have it activated and up and running.
I am loving all of the cool features, but I'm stumped on being able to change the text notification to
something other than what is available on the list.
I'd like to customize the text notification but I don't get that option...just the ones that are in the list.
Could anyone steer me in the right direction for customization for this?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I just received my new Galaxy Note 3 yesterday and I have it activated and up and running.
I am loving all of the cool features, but I'm stumped on being able to change the text notification to
something other than what is available on the list.
I'd like to customize the text notification but I don't get that option...just the ones that are in the list.
Could anyone steer me in the right direction for customization for this?

Welcome to the forums.
Do you mean as in a ringtone?

HeatherDP

Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for the welcome.
Yes...I would like to customize my text notification with a ringtone I have already downloaded and have
on my phone...but am stumped on how to get something other than what is on the list.

Edited to add......Just wondering if I have to manually put the ringtone files I want to use for Notifications
into the folder via usb or if there was a way to copy it from one folder to another on the phone itself?

Last edited:

rpitts9999

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
Yes there is. Highlight the folder. Hit the menu button and option will be there to move and then pick where you want it to be and at top it will say move here.

You also chose ringtones and text tones for each person in there contact page.

Thank you for the welcome.
Yes...I would like to customize my text notification with a ringtone I have already downloaded and have
on my phone...but am stumped on how to get something other than what is on the list.

Edited to add......Just wondering if I have to manually put the ringtone files I want to use for Notifications
into the folder via usb or if there was a way to copy it from one folder to another on the phone itself?

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I just recently jumped ship from Verizon to AT&T and picked up the Note 3 and I couldn't be happier! Very impressed with the device and voice quality of AT&T is awesome.

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I hear ya! My brother mocks my AT&T coverage, saying all the time that his is better than mine. This comes from a man that while at his house, in his living room, I have nearly full bars, and he has to use a house phone, because his precious verizon cant get signal in his house. LOL! Don't get me wrong, there are places that I go where V has better signal, but those are places I don't frequent anyway, so it doesn't matter.

I've had some recent issues with Customer Service, but they have made up for that 10 fold! They've gotten back on my good side! :-D

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, I hear ya! My brother mocks my AT&T coverage, saying all the time that his is better than mine. This comes from a man that while at his house, in his living room, I have nearly full bars, and he has to use a house phone, because his precious verizon cant get signal in his house. LOL! Don't get me wrong, there are places that I go where V has better signal, but those are places I don't frequent anyway, so it doesn't matter.

I've had some recent issues with Customer Service, but they have made up for that 10 fold! They've gotten back on my good side! :-D

AT&T use to have horrible service but over the years they have come up to speed I am very happy so far and I am anal about how well my cell phone works I don't like glitches.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omarkarsly