New Gingerbread SMS bug

Volbeat

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I've experienced this a few times in the past week on the .2 leak and now the .3 RUU.

I get a text from Person A, I reply to Person A and they receive my reply. When I back out into my inbox, the text message I received was actually from Person B, but Person A still got my reply, leaving them confused. edit* (Person A is not an active conversation in my inbox at all)

If I get that same text from Person A, then back out into my inbox, the text switches to Person B, and I can then reply to the correct person.

Im using GO SMS at the moment and this is what Im experiencing with it. Im not sure if this happens with the stock messaging app or not.
Anyone else seeing this problem yet?

Last edited:

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
im on go sms too. and on froyo (until the end of the day).

what you explained is something that can sometimes happen to me on go sms.
this usually happens to me when back keying to go to another person to message and the list hasnt updated yet and so i see i'm about to text another person. try and give the app some time between transitions, this is what helped me, hopefully that can help some.

Volbeat

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Well one thing I failed to mention, was Person A is not an active conversation. Its like it randomly pulls someone out of my phonebook to say they messaged me :-\

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fufukadan120