New guy here

fuzzy gizmo

May 26, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone. I fortunately just got a galaxy nexus a few days ago and I have to say I love it. I came from a Pre 2 and I have to say Android kicks webOS where it hurts. The bugs that are complained about on this phone is nothing compared to webOS bugs. I would have to restart my phone at leasy every hour because it would stop receiving messages. Verizon did the same thing with an update for webOS too. We were all stuck on 2.0.1 while everyone else was on 2.1. However, Verizon did eventually come through and released the update. We will all get 4.0.4 eventually.

I'm excited to join the android community! The only thing that bugs me about this phone is how it starts lagging terribly when you type fast in landscape orientation. Is there a fix for that? Or are we waiting for 4.0.4?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Reactions: SOTK and 2defmouze

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone. I fortunately just got a galaxy nexus a few days ago and I have to say I love it. I came from a Pre 2 and I have to say Android kicks webOS where it hurts. The bugs that are complained about on this phone is nothing compared to webOS bugs. I would have to restart my phone at leasy every hour because it would stop receiving messages. Verizon did the same thing with an update for webOS too. We were all stuck on 2.0.1 while everyone else was on 2.1. However, Verizon did eventually come through and released the update. We will all get 4.0.4 eventually.

I'm excited to join the android community! The only thing that bugs me about this phone is how it starts lagging terribly when you type fast in landscape orientation. Is there a fix for that? Or are we waiting for 4.0.4?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Welcome aboard!

A 3rd party keyboard may help that lag issue.. I use swiftkey. Can't recall if that's something that is just a part of 4.0.2 or just the keyboard in it (haven't been on 4.0.2 since December, lol).... on that note, enjoy your phone, and if you decide you don't like waiting for updates and want to really see what this phone can do, check out the Rooting subforum and you'll find a number of useful guides and helpful people willing to help you unlock this beast :)

Reactions: fuzzy gizmo

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Welcome aboard!

A 3rd party keyboard may help that lag issue.. I use swiftkey. Can't recall if that's something that is just a part of 4.0.2 or just the keyboard in it (haven't been on 4.0.2 since December, lol).... on that note, enjoy your phone, and if you decide you don't like waiting for updates and want to really see what this phone can do, check out the Rooting subforum and you'll find a number of useful guides and helpful people willing to help you unlock this beast :)

The keyboard issue is only 4.0.2 Its fixed in newer builds.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

McSlappy

May 13, 2012
Visit site
The keyboard issue is only 4.0.2 Its fixed in newer builds.

Switching networks is faster, stronger signal not just reading but when I went for a walk today in an area I used to get spotty reception my netflix stream didn't pause once. Also the quality of the A2DP Bluetooth stream is a lot clearer with less scratch and more stable stream. Not noticing an improvement in battery but that could be because I'm testing the other stuff and hitting the battery hard.

Just what I've noticed so far since manually patching 4.0.4

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AMPRO