New ICS ROM

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Just letting those of you that do not leave our happy little place that a new leak surfaced yesterday. From what I read it is nothing earth shattering...mostly looks like code cleanup.

The radios are the same so nothing gained there. The Kernel might be different so that could be an improvement.....looks like root is broken for a minute but I am sure they will get that back

[RUU][leak] 3.14.605.10 - xda-developers

JustSomeDudeHere

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Since the changes are so minor I see that some folks are speculating that this may be a leak of the actual OTA... Here's hoping that's true, so we see source released for the devs soon. :)

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Skimming through the thread, it looks like the changes are very, very minor, so it seems pretty useless unless you're really worried about the most up-to-date leaks.
As we all know, leaks are "controlled releases", so another leak has me feeling that the Rez won't see the official version of this for at least another 2 weeks. I could be wrong, and I hope I am.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I will probably wait till ota unless I fine a.reason to update to this. Too much hassle and no roms based for a couple of days. I also don't want to risk the small chance of of the ota being a lower software number lol

On a side note, in that thread the ppl are talking like Scott has left the rezound for good. I hope that is not true cause I love his cleanroms. They just work lol

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
I will probably wait till ota unless I fine a.reason to update to this. Too much hassle and no roms based for a couple of days. I also don't want to risk the small chance of of the ota being a lower software number lol

On a side note, in that thread the ppl are talking like Scott has left the rezound for good. I hope that is not true cause I love his cleanroms. They just work lol

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

Scott's a good guy, and if he left it's probably because of the way the other site treats people(especially in HTC forums). If there are any lessons to be learned from this...stay away from that other site's HTC forums.

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Scott's a good guy, and if he left it's probably because of the way the other site treats people(especially in HTC forums). If there are any lessons to be learned from this...stay away from that other site's HTC forums.

I agree with this. Scott was pretty awesome, and he made the early locked down days of the Rezound much easier to deal with. He moved on to the One X and Evo 4G, so whatever floats his boat is fine with me. His work was appreciated.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Agreed even though I didn't run his stuff much. He took so much crap in the one thread that he abandoned the rez altogether. I was almost embarrassed to have an android phone it was so harsh. Another reason I poke my head in other places, see what is new then run if nothing really interests me

Rezound via Tapatalk 2

CMRobinson

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
XDA is not for the faint of heart or the easily offended to be sure. I've never understood the rationale of just bashing someone who spends their time pouring over this code nonsense (I couldn't understand it with a gun to my head) to improve the programming of a phone and then releases it to the masses.......for free! It's just amazing. On the flip side some of the devs over there need a reality check as well. I appreciate the talent and the dedication it takes to do what they do, but it doesn't give them a free pass to be an ass 24/7.

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
He also occasionally pokes his head in here. Probably not as much now if he has moved on to the One X and other devices but if you need him you might try PM'ing him. I've PM'ed NilsP before and he responded pretty quickly for a guy who doesn't make this forum his main home.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Experiences with this? I am still holding for a bit for no real reason other than i dont want to take the time to relock lol

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T

bellken

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
minor update to the previous leak. It might be a little quicker, but, I don't notice much of a difference from the previous leak.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Hey noob question. When I update, can u run roms based on .5? And also, can I rest my nandroids from the .5 time period?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dgibbs83