new lg optimus s user saying hello

natn311

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
i got this phone as the last free upgrade sprint will probably ever give away... i love it, its small its fun, ... but i dont know a damn thing about it... i have a friend who has the (gag i phone 4) he said the word jailbreak... didnt know what it meant, so i googled it... found out root is the same thing for android... here i am trying to hack my phone... apparently gingersnap is the only way and i'm not very savy... is there a good reason to do this before i proceed?

Smitty_82

Android Addict
Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to AC! Congrats on your new phone. I would take some time to learn your phone before looking at rooting. After that the OptS forums is a great place to fine out all that you need to know about rooting and what to do after.

natn311

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Much appreciated...got er rooted having a hard time flashing reborn...do I HAVE to run scripts from my pc through an emulator? Xionia...what is it how does it work?...I've seen posts saying you have to use it to make a backup...nandroid?...i still don't seem to be in control of the current kernel to make it read/load reborn...

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

natn311

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Also... does xionia go on pc or phone... older posts also say no rom manager will flash a custom rom...

natn311

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Nix last post...the more I read the more its starting to make sense...
Still waiting tho...... How many pros here just do this for other people or teach them how...?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sausage