New Nexus

drhere

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Well, I am selling my SGSII as I got a Nexus which I just received. Unlocked the bootloader to back it up. The SGSII was a good phone, but I wanted a phone that stays up to date and is unbranded, and unlocked with updates from Google.

So far so good, love the device, and being unlocked and having ICS is great --like the The Who once stated "I'm Free". :)

drhere

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
4.04 out of the box?

Sent from my ADR6350 using Android Central Forums

Yes, after putting my SIM in it, I then got a notice there was an update, and it was 4.04. I could of swore it was 4.04 out of the box, I don't remember I was doing a lot at this time.
If it wasn't there out of the box, I got the notification as soon as it connected to my providers network (within minutes).

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
To: drhere
Hi I'm assuming your on AT&T, if so, tell me how your signal strength is both cell and data please. I just sent mine back for an exchange as I had practically no cell service whatsoever and horrible data. I'm hoping I just got a bad phone, and this is not just a Samsung radio thing.

drhere

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
To: drhere
Hi I'm assuming your on AT&T, if so, tell me how your signal strength is both cell and data please. I just sent mine back for an exchange as I had practically no cell service whatsoever and horrible data. I'm hoping I just got a bad phone, and this is not just a Samsung radio thing.

I am on T-Mobile. I get the same signal strength I got with my SGSII in my apt. I get Edge like my SGSII on T-Mo. I also have a Blackberry I have to carry for my employer which is also on T-Mo and it is on Edge.
I have HSPA+ outside, so I am having no issue on my Nexus so far. My apt. is just bad in regard to signal strength (I am in a 4G major metro area).

mooechili

May 14, 2011
Visit site
Benefits of stock, my old Nexus S 4G was updated to 4.0.4 (after running GB 2.3.7) as is my new Nexus, the HTC One X my wife is trying for 30 days is running 4.0.3

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Yes, after putting my SIM in it, I then got a notice there was an update, and it was 4.04. I could of swore it was 4.04 out of the box, I don't remember I was doing a lot at this time.
If it wasn't there out of the box, I got the notification as soon as it connected to my providers network (within minutes).

It probably came with 4.0.4 IMM76D, and updated to 4.0.4 IMM76I which is a small bugfix to help signal drop issues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flammiferous