New Note 4 Sounds Driving me nuts! How can I turn them off?

A

AC Question

New Note 4 Sounds Driving me nuts!

How do you change sounds for individual apps? I see how there is a slider bar for Ringtone, Media, Notifications and System but even when they are all off, it still beeps gurgles and burps.

The only sound I want is when I get a call or a text. I have vibrating off, yet it still bzzzzzztttt, I have Sound mode on sound, all the other sound boxes unchecked.

Facebook and Periscope in particular are driving me nuts! I love periscope but how do I turn the dang sound off?

TIA!!!

Larry_F

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Re: New Note 4 Sounds Driving me nuts!

How do you change sounds for individual apps? I see how there is a slider bar for Ringtone, Media, Notifications and System but even when they are all off, it still beeps gurgles and burps.

The only sound I want is when I get a call or a text. I have vibrating off, yet it still bzzzzzztttt, I have Sound mode on sound, all the other sound boxes unchecked.

Facebook and Periscope in particular are driving me nuts! I love periscope but how do I turn the dang sound off?

TIA!!!
I am like you in that I only want to hear a sound for calls and text messages. My Note 4 is from Verizon, and is running Lollipop, so the setting may be different if yours phone is from another carrier. I set my default notification sound to Silent in Settings->Sound and Notification->Notification ringtone. In my case, most apps for which I allow notifications in the app settings use that as the default sound. Then in the settings for my text messaging app, in my case Verizon Message+, I override the default notification sound with the one I want for text messages. If I find that some other app doesn't use the default notification sound, I go into the settings for that app and set the sound to Silent, or if that doesn't work, turn off notifications for the app altogether.

Larry

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: New Note 4 Sounds Driving me nuts!

The only sounds I get are incoming calls and special messages. I went into the settings for the other apps and turned off notifications. I only get vibrations for my incoming emails.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrazyGaming1359